Working with me is Alice, Zoe & Dorina. We are passionate Nail Technicians & Beauty Therapists bringing you many Treatments.
The Salon is very spacious and has 2 separate treatments rooms, one of which has a shower cubicle used for Spray Tanning.
There is a disabled toilet and all doorways are easily accessed.
The Salon environment is both comfortable, welcoming and modern, that you’ll want to tell all your friends about.
A range of Complimentary refreshments and Free Wi-fi will be available.
The address is The Glamour Hut, 64 Botley Road, Park Gate, Southampton, SO31 1BB.
Feel free to call 01489 885792 or 07771 877121 to book or make enquiries.
Alternatively why not have a look online to book. https://www.facebook.com/TheGlamourHut/
- Gift Vouchers & Retail available.
- PayPal, Card or Cash are accepted.
- Online Booking for your convenience
- Monday - CLOSED
- Tuesday - 9am - 7pm
- Wednesday - 9am - 5pm
- Thursday - 9am - 8pm
- Friday - 10am - 7pm
- Saturday - 9am - 4pm
- Sunday - CLOSED
Free Parking is available across the road, for up to 2 hours.
2 Week Infills (60 mins) - Must have at least 50% of lashes left
3 Week Infills (90 mins) - Must have at least 30-40% of lashes left
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extension is an advanced technique that lengthens and thickens eyelashes. They are single strands of lashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. We use only quality extensions in faux mink and silk. Your Lash Technician will use the best suited for your Natural Lashes.
How will they look and feel?
When applied by a Skilled Lash Technicians they will look completely natural, only much longer and fuller. They will feel like your own eyelashes. We do not count lashes, we will add as many or as few as is needed to create the right look for you in the appointment time booked.
How long will my initial appointment take?
We take an individual approach with our customers and will not rush your appointment. You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 75-120 minutes. Unlike some salons we do not count eyelashes, a full set is a full set. We will use as many as are needed to create the right look for you. If you are happy, then we are happy.
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly applied and cared for, your eyelash extensions will last for four to six weeks. Please see the aftercare section on how to properly care for your eyelash extensions to maximise longevity.
What is an Infill and how often should I get one?
After your initial set of eyelash extensions you will receive instructions on how to care for them. Infills are done every two, three to four weeks depending on care and how quickly your eyelashes grow. An Eyelash Extension Infill will take a shorter time to do and the prices reflect that.
Why do I lose some of my eyelashes?
Due to the natural growth cycle of your lashes you will find your natural eyelashes shed every 60-90 days as new ones grows in. We recommend getting a fill every three to four weeks to fill in lashes on the new growth. SPRING SHED IF VERY COMMON
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
Yes and no. Yes, your lashes can be damaged if you go to someone who was not properly trained and uses cheap products not intended for long wear. No, extensions properly applied by a trained technician who uses quality products should not. Our Eyelash Extension application techniques and innovative aftercare ensures your lash health.
A friend of mine is allergic to the products, is this common?
True allergic reactions do happen, but are rare. If you have developed an allergic reaction you may still wear extensions with some changes made to the aftercare process. What is more common is eye infection due to improperly washing and caring for your lashes. Waiting 24 hours to wash lashes and not washing your eyelashes the entire time you wear them are the most common causes of infections. Imagine not washing the head on your hair for weeks or months. This is the most common reason wearers lose their lashes prematurely.
Can I use eyelash growth products with my extensions?
Lash growth products that contain steroids change the composition of your lashes and accelerate your eyelash shedding cycle, therefore we cannot guarantee the outcome. Natural lash growth products containing peptides are wonderful and will have no adverse effect on the longevity of your extensions.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your lash extensions, but for nights that you want extra drama you can use a water-based mascara. See the aftercare section below for tips on using mascara.
Lash Extensions After Care
Now that you have yourself a set of gorgeous lashes take note of these tips to maintain them. With proper care and Infills your Eyelashes can last indefinitely.
- Do not get your Eyelashes wet for the first 2 hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hrs. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes. Blot dry only.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the Mascara brush given to you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean with regular washing. We advise you use a mix of 1 part baby shampoo to 3 parts water in a pump bottle (available to purchase) at least once a day.
- Use only mascaras that are safe for eyelash extensions, no oil-based or waterproof mascaras. Only apply the mascara to the tips of your lashes.
- You can also dry the lashes by using a hair dryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. It makes them curlier and fluffy.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- We recommend Infill appointments every two to four weeks to maintain your new eyelash extensions.
Lash Extension Pre Care
- Please arrive five minutes before scheduled appointment.
- Please arrive mascara-free.
- Please remove Contact Lenses.
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. New Sets will require a 50% Deposit to secure your booking.
- Skin sensitivities and allergies are extremely rare and your safety and care are of my utmost concern. We use the highest quality products and the most up-to-date techniques and sanitation protocols in the industry. However The Glamour Hut is not liable for reaction due to our products. We require a patch test 48 hours before your appointment. Please call to schedule. We WILL NOT carry out the treatment without a patch test.
Pre Tan Advice
- Exfoliate day before your tan.
- Hair Removal (Wax, Shave or Epilation) 48hrs before.
- (You can shave the day after tan).
- Remove jewellery before tan.
- No Make-up, deodorant, moisturisers or perfume before.
Post Tan Advice
- Wear loose dark clothing for straight after tan.
- Moisturise daily after tan.
- Exfoliate every 3rd day after tan.
Pre Nail Advice
- Please ensure any regular nail polish has been removed from finger or toe nails before your treatment.
- If you need help deciding what Nail Shape or length to have, we can help.
- Maybe you are concerned about a Nail Condition you have, again, we can help.
Post Nail Advice
- Gel Polish or Acrylic or Polygel is suggested to last up to 2 weeks or 3 weeks depending on brand and clients lifestyle and health. Some people have the good fortune of getting 3-5+ weeks! This is not encouraged and is not the case for everyone and is actually rare. Weaker nails can get a good 7-9 days, still better than traditional polish. Peeling the product off lessens the wear time. Peeling takes off layers of your own nail, thus thinning the nail and making it weak. (We know when it's been peeled or forcibly removed).
- While wearing polish (regular or gel) your nail plate is not getting any oil naturally, and the more brittle the nail the quicker the polish breaks down. Just like dry hair, it needs conditioning. Therefore it is very important to apply a good quality Cuticle & Nail oil that contains Jojoba so that your natural nails are conditioned whilst wearing Gel Polish. We recommend using at least twice a day, the more the better. Especially if your hands are in water a lot. We will know if your not using it enough.
- Also if you're in water a lot the breakdown is much quicker. The nail plate is porous and it expands and contracts with water, this compromises the product and it will lift with moisture. Constant expanding and contracting will cause the polish to separate from the plate and water will get trapped, thus the entire application will lift off.
- We're writing this to remind everyone that no product is Bullet Proof, it's only as strong as your nails are healthy. We expect some chips after 2 weeks, that means you work, live life and use your hands, that's normal. Don't be hard on yourself either, it's just not built to last forever.
- Breaks are common when stress or trauma happens to the nail. Nobody is sitting still and a nail will not just break or pop off, something caused the trauma. Please ponder all these things and keep in mind that this is "strong nail polish"
- If you find that you need something stronger than Gel Polish, you’re welcome to get an overlay of Acrylic or Soft/Hard Gel in addition to you Gel Polish. This option will require Infills with your Gel Polish.
- Also for our clients who have 'weak, peeling or damaged nails', We offer IBX Nail Strengthener & Repair or IBX Boost System as an Add-On service to your Gel Polish created by Famous Names.
- We also offer another Add-On product called Structure Gel or Rubber Base that adds strength and is soaked off with your Gel Polish.
- If your nails are thin, damaged or peeling, the extended wear polish does not change that. It's simply polish laying on top of the nail plate. It does NOT penetrate the nail. Therefore the longevity of the Gel Polish will depend on the condition of the Natural Nail.
- IBX does penetrate the nail plate and makes the nail stronger over time and causing the product to last longer.
- We have always offered the option of a nail repair. We don't offer any guarantee on gel polish and never have. We will repair a nail up to 48 hours after application as a courtesy, after that there is a charge for the repair.
NOV’MAX KERATIN HAIR SMOOTHING TREATMENT
- Please wash your hair with the Pre Shampoo provided just before your Treatment. (Please return bottle)
- DO NOT use conditioner.
- DO NOT use serum or other styling products.
- Hair can be dry or wet when you arrive for your Treatment.
- You can wash your hair straight after the Treatment.
- You can use your normal shampoo & conditioner.
- DO NOT kink or bend your hair immediately after your Treatment and prior to washing
- Styling products can be used as required
- DO NOT use a Sunbed/or Sun bathe at least 48 hours before your appointment.
- DO NOT have a Chemical Peel/Microdermabrasion/Derma-planning at least 48 hours before Treatment.
- Please remove Make Up.
- Post Advice
- least 48 hours after your appointment.
- DO NOT have a Chemical Peel/Microdermabrasion/Derma-planning at least 48 hours after Treatment.
- Avoid Make Up for 24 hours after your Treatment.
- Avoid Hot Baths or Showers/Saunas/Hot Tubs or Swimming for at least 48 hours after.
- Avoid Massage/Heat Friction and Tight Clothing.
- DO NOT use Deodorant or Perfume on the treated area for at least 24 hours.
REACTIONS ARE NORMAL AND SHOULD SUBSIDE WITH 24 HOURS, IF THEY PERSIST UP TO ONE WEEK LATER, CONTACT YOUR GP.
LASH & BROW TINTING
- PATCH TEST IS REQUIRED AT LEAST 48 HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- If you are a Contact Lens wearer, please remove before your treatment.
- Please DO NO arrive for your Lash Tint with Mascara on.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.